Optometrists test more than just your eyes!
Our friendly, fully qualified optometrists will conduct a thorough eye examination to establish the standard of your eyesight and the overall health of your eyes. We’ll look for any early signs of cataracts, glaucoma and other conditions. Problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure and vascular disease can also be detected, as the eye can give clues to general health as well as eye conditions.
Choosing the right pair of glasses isn’t just about the frame and how it looks on your face. Selection starts with your prescription, which guides your choice of lenses and the frame styles best suited to your lens types. Ultimately, your prescription will help you narrow down the options for you. Then of course, it’s about finding the right pair of glasses to match your style and your budget.
Modern advances in contact lenses have now made it possible for virtually everyone to wear contact lenses safely. 99% of new contact lenses fitted are soft lenses. These range from daily disposable to two weekly and monthly disposable lenses. Soft contact lenses are made from soft polymers which cushion on the eye.
NHS funded sight tests
You are entitled to a free sight test if one of the following applies to you:
- Over 60 years old
- Under 16 years old
- Full time student aged 16, 17 or 18
- Have a valid HC2 certificate
- Are registered blind/partially sighted
- Suffer with diabetes or glaucoma
- Are considered to be at risk of glaucoma by an ophthalmologist (hospital eye doctor)
- Are over 40 years old and have a close relative with glaucoma (parent/brother/sister or child)
- Are a prisoner on leave from prison
- Have been prescribed complex lenses (power of the lens over + or – 10.00)